Should we spend more to buy organic? It’s a tough decision. We want to be good stewards of our the environment, our bodies, and our finances. For some of us, the added cost is prohibitive. We simply can’t afford it. But others have some discretionary income. Is this a good place to spend it?
Back in January, I pointed out that we tend to consider buying organic for a number of reasons:
- We expect these products to have been grown in an earth-friendly manner.
- We assume they are free of dangerous chemicals.
- We expect the food to be healthier and more nutritious.
- We might assume it tastes better.
- We hope that meat and dairy animals were treated humanely.